Bach, JS: Goldberg Variations Alexandre Tharaud
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750):Bach, JS: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988:
- 1I. Aria04:08
- 2II. Variation 1 a 1 clav.01:45
- 3III. Variation 2 a 1 clav.01:25
- 4IV. Variation 3 - Canone all Unisuono a 1 clav.01:46
- 5V. Variation 4 a 1 clav.01:03
- 6VI. Variation 5 a 1 o vero 2 clav.01:25
- 7VII. Variation 6 Canone alla seconda a 1 clav.01:21
- 8VIII. Variation 7 a 1 o vero 2 clav.01:59
- 9IX. Variation 8 a 2 clav.01:49
- 10X. Variation 9 Canone alla terza a 2 clav.02:18
- 11XI. Variation 10 Fughetta a 1 clav.01:27
- 12XII. Variation 11 a 2 clav.01:53
- 13XIII. Variation 12 Canone alla quarta01:08
- 14XIV. Variation 13 a 2 clav.05:24
- 15XV. Variation 14 a 2 clav.01:59
- 16XVI. Variation 15 Canone alla Quinta a 1 clav.04:25
- 17XVII. Variation 16 a 1 clav. Ouvertura03:04
- 18XVIII. Variation 17 a 2 clav.01:51
- 19XIX. Variation 18 Canone alla sexta a 1 clav.01:41
- 20XX. Variation 19 a 1 clav.01:16
- 21XXI. Variation 20 a 2 clav.01:54
- 22XXII. Variation 21 canone alla settima a 1 clav.03:04
- 23XXIII. Variation 22 a 1 clav. alla breve01:20
- 24XXIV. Variation 23 a 2 clav.02:01
- 25XXV. Variation 24 Canone alla Ottava a 1 clav.02:30
- 26XXVI. Variation 25 a 2 clav.08:23
- 27XXVII. Variation 26 a 2 clav.01:03
- 28XXVIII. Variation 27 Canone alla Nona a 2 clav.00:55
- 29XXIX. Variation 28 a 1 clav.02:22
- 30XXX. Variation 29 a 1 o vero 2 clav.02:02
- 31XXXI. Variation 30 a 1 clav. Quodlibet01:51
- 32XXXII. Aria da Capo e fine04:24
Info for Bach, JS: Goldberg Variations
For Harmonia Mundi, Alexandre made a series of successful and award winning recordings which included discs of Rameau, Ravel (complete piano works), Bach (Italian Concerti), Couperin, Satie. He has recorded a series of Chopin discs; the complete waltzes and twenty four preludes as well as a personal selection, Journal Intime, which marked his first release with EMI Classics. Subsequent, award winning releases include JS Bach’s keyboard concertos and a selection of Scarlatti’s sonatas.
In recent seasons, Alexandre has appeared at the Köln Philharmonie, Bern Casino, Essen Philharmonie, South Bank piano series, Rudolfinum in Prague, Krakow Philharmonic, Théâtre des Champs-Elysées, Cité de la Musique, Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Teatro Colón in Buenos Aires, John F Kennedy Centre and Hoam Art Hall in Seoul. His festival credits include ‘Piano aux Jacobins', La Roque d'Anthéron, BBC PROMS, Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music, Sacrum-Profanum in Krakow, Schleswig-Holstein and the Rimini festival.
Alexandre is a Resident Artist at the MC2 in Grenoble, and was the Artistic Director of the Amadeus festival in Switzerland in 2011.
As a soloist, Alexandre has performed with the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Münchner Rundfunkorchester, Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio-France, Orchestre National de France, Orchestre du Capitole de Toulouse, Orchestre National de Lyon, Orchestre National de Lille, Orchestre National de Bordeaux-Aquitaine, Estonian National Symphony Orchestra, Orquestra Sinfonica do Estado de Sao Paulo, Umea Symphony Orchestra, Netherlands Chamber Orchestra, the Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Saarbrücken,
Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, Tokyo Metropolitan Orchestra, Singapore Symphony Orchestra, Taïwan National Symphony Orchestra, Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, Les Violons du Roy and the Bolchoi Theatre Orchestra. Next season will see him perform Poulenc’s concerto with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
His close collaboration with cellist Jean-Guihen Queyras has led to invitations to perform at the most prestigious halls around the world and recordings of three successful CDs (Hungarian cello music, Arpeggione, Debussy/Poulenc).
Alexandre's adventurous approach to programming has resulted in a number of commissions and premières; he has toured extensively in Europe with his ‘Hommages à Rameau' and ‘Hommage à Couperin' programmes which feature works by the old masters interwoven with tributes by contemporary composers. May saw the premiere of Pianosong; a selection of contemporary works composed after popular songs from the 1960s-80s. He has also just premiered French composer Gérard Pesson’s new piano concerto, together with the Tonhalle.