Jorge Grundman, Flute Works Gili Schwarzman, Orquesta Sinfonica de Navarra & Guy Braunstein
Label: Sony Classical
Composer: Jorge Grundman (b. 1961)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Jorge Grundman (b. 1961): Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra "On the Back of a Nightingale", Op. 31:
- 1Grundman: Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra "On the Back of a Nightingale", Op. 31: Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra "On the Back of a Nightingale", Op. 31, No. 108:01
- 2Grundman: Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra "On the Back of a Nightingale", Op. 31: Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra "On the Back of a Nightingale", Op. 31, No. 209:42
- Sonata for Flute and Piano, Op. 18 "Warhol in Springtime":
- 3Grundman: Sonata for Flute and Piano, Op. 18 "Warhol in Springtime"16:44
- Trio for Flute, Chelo and Piano in, Op. 43 "De la Hermosura y Dignidad de Nuestras Almas":
- 4Grundman: Trio for Flute, Chelo and Piano in, Op. 43 "De la Hermosura y Dignidad de Nuestras Almas"14:37
- Sonata for Flute and Piano, Op. 77 "Lagerfeld in Winter":
- 5Grundman: Sonata for Flute and Piano, Op. 77 "Lagerfeld in Winter"17:51
- Duo for Flute and Piano. Op. 82 "Tan Bonita Como Tú ":
- 6Grundman: Duo for Flute and Piano. Op. 82 "Tan Bonita Como Tú "06:50
Info for Jorge Grundman, Flute Works
Jorge Grundman is one of Spain's best-known composers. The musical career of the 1961-born Madrilenian, which initially led him into pop bands, is also reflected in his sensuous, light-flooded musical language, which is deliberately written for listeners of our time and reminds many of film music without images. This also applies to his works for flute, which appear here as world premiere recordings. These include the Concerto for Flute and Chamber Orchestra op. 31 "On The Back of a Nightingale", the two Sonatas for Flute and Piano: "Warhol in Springtime" and "Lagerfeld in Winter", the Trio for Flute, Cello and Piano "De la Hermosura y Dignidad de Nuestras Almas", op. 43 as well as the Duo for Flute and Piano "Tan bonita como tú", op. 82.
Gili Schwarzman, flute
Eduardo Frías, piano
Torleif Thedéen, cello
Orquesta Sinfonica de Navarra
Guy Braunstein, conductor
Internationally acclaimed flutist Gili Schwarzman performs regularly as a soloist on the most renowned stages in Europe, Musikverein Wien, Berlin Philharmonie, Auditorio Nacional Madrid, Queen Elizabeth London, to name a few.
As an enthusiastic chamber musician Gili has also been a regular participant in many prestigious festivals, to include Salzburg Festival and Lucerne Festival, where she shared stage with some of today’s leading musicians, and has been touring with a chamber music group of the Berlin Philharmonic, alongside playing in the “West Eastern Divan Orchestra” under the baton of Maestro Daniel Barenboim.
In the season of 2018/19 a Debut chamber music CD, recorded with Alisa Weilerstein, Amihai Grosz, Guy Braunstein and Susanna Yoko Henkel, featuring great arrangements of works by Dvorak,Wolff and Beethoven, has been released by Pentatone Classics, followed by wonderful critics in the major music journals.
Gili’s debut solo album with Sony classical, featuring original compositions, including a sonata dedicated to her by composer Jorge Grundman, will be released in the summer of 2022, followed by a release recital in Carnegie hall.
Recently Gili also started composing, her first commissioned composition has been written for acclaimed American Cellist Alisa Weilerstein, and will be performed firstly at Carnegie Hall in the season of 2023, her second composition, for orchestra, will be premiered in September 2022 by Konzerthaus Orchestra Berlin.
"when played with fresh enthusiasm and a true sense of spontaneity and collaboration, led by the supremely elegant and emotionally rich and colorfully charged Schwarzman, it becomes a startling reminder not only of Mozart's genius" - The Strings Magazine, Laurence Vittes
This album contains no booklet.