American Postcard Christina Naughton & Michelle Naughton
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- John Adams (b. 1947):
- 1Adams / Arr: Antonsen: Short Ride in a Fast Machine04:07
- Paul Schoenfield (b. 1947): Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive:
- 2Schoenfield: Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive: I. Metamorphoses on "I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby"02:30
- 3Schoenfield: Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive: II. Labyrinth04:42
- 4Schoenfield: Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive: III. Elegy04:30
- 5Schoenfield: Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive: IV. From a Bintel Brief04:03
- 6Schoenfield: Five Days from the Life of a Manic-Depressive: V. Boogie03:53
- Conlon Nancarrow (1912 - 1997): Sonatina:
- 7Nancarrow / Arr. Mikhashoff: Sonatina: I. Presto01:22
- 8Nancarrow / Arr. Mikhashoff: Sonatina: II. Moderato - Più allegro01:33
- 9Nancarrow / Arr. Mikhashoff: Sonatina: III. Allegro molto01:20
- Aaron Copland (1900 - 1990):
- 10Copland / Arr. Bernstein: El salón Mexico10:27
- John Adams: Roll Over Beethoven:
- 11Adams / Arr. Antonsen: Roll Over Beethoven: I. Allegro molto07:46
- 12Adams / Arr. Antonsen: Roll Over Beethoven (Transc. Antonsen for 2 Pianos)11:35
- Aaron Copland:
- 13Copland / Arr. Lerner: Variations on a Shaker Melody05:39
Info for American Postcard
“They have to be heard to be believed,” said the Washington Post of piano duo Christina and Michelle Naughton. The twin sisters pay tribute to their homeland with the album American Postcard. It offers music by four US composers: John Adams (his Roll Over Beethoven, a work the Naughtons premiered in 2016), Aaron Copland, Conlan Nancarrow and Paul Schoenfield. As the sisters explain, “These pieces show the diversity and variety of American music. But one thing that ties them together is an exuberance that, to us, feels deeply American.”
Christina Naughton, piano
Michelle Naughton, piano
No albums found.
No biography found.