Beethoven: Violin Sonatas 2, 6 & 8 (Remastered) Zino Francescatti
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): Violin Sonata No. 2, Op. 12 No. 2:
- 1Violin Sonata No. 2, Op. 12 No. 2: I. Allegro vivace05:45
- 2Violin Sonata No. 2, Op. 12 No. 2: II. Andante piu tosto allegretto04:34
- 3Violin Sonata No. 2, Op. 12 No. 2: III. Allegro piacevole05:12
- Violin Sonata No. 6, Op. 30 No. 1:
- 4Violin Sonata No. 6, Op. 30 No. 1: I. Allegro05:39
- 5Violin Sonata No. 6, Op. 30 No. 1: II. Adagio molto espressivo07:18
- 6Violin Sonata No. 6, Op. 30 No. 1: III. Allegretto con variazioni - Var. I-V; Var. VI: Allegro ma non tanto07:11
- Violin Sonata No. 8, Op. 30 No. 3:
- 7Violin Sonata No. 8, Op. 30 No. 3: I. Allegro assai05:51
- 8Violin Sonata No. 8, Op. 30 No. 3: II. Tempo di minuetto, ma molto moderato e grazioso06:54
- 9Violin Sonata No. 8, Op. 30 No. 3: III. Allegro vivace03:22
Info for Beethoven: Violin Sonatas 2, 6 & 8 (Remastered)
Sony Classical is pleased to release the first ever collection of the great Zino Francescatti recordings for Columbia Masterworks. Various recording masterpieces have been newly transferred, mixed and re-mastered from the original analogue tapes using 24 bit technology. Included in the collection are stunning collaborations with some of the world’s best musicians, and composers.
The late violinist, Zino Francescatti (1902-1991) was one of the great violinists of the twentieth century whose career was in high gear between the 1940s and up to the 1970s. He made many recordings with his friend and pianist, Robert Casadesus for Columbia Records/Sony Classical.
I've always felt Francescatti was blessed with an exceptional and singing tone, and was a musician par excellence. A prolific recording artist, it is unfortunate that most of his recordings are unavailable today. Many of his early performances were issued by the now defunct French Lys label and several outstanding transfers were offered by Biddulph. Doremi, Music & Arts, Nickson Records, Melodram, Pearl, Urania, Bridge, Andante, Archipel, and BBC Legends also include Francescatti in their catalogues. His greatest number of recordings were made for American Columbia Records and a late one of Bach violin concertos appeared on Deutsche Grammophon. If you are a collector violinists and violin music, you no doubt have acquired many of these treasures.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.