Golden Age Songs And Instrumentals (Remastered) Erich Wolfgang Korngold & Max Steiner
- 1Rapture (From "Between Two Worlds")07:36
- 2Love for Love (From "Escape Me Never")03:55
- 3Sonnet for Vienna (From "Escape Me Never")02:57
- 4My Love and I (From "Give Us This Night")04:23
- 5I Meant to Say I Love You (From "Give Us This Night")03:38
- 6Music in the Night (From "Give Us This Night")03:06
- 7Sweet Melody of Night. (From "Give Us This Night")04:55
- 8Gluckwunsch (from "Devotion")02:33
- 9Romance - Impromptu (From "Deception')02:01
- 10It Can't Be Wrong (From "Now, Voyager")03:55
- 11Unfinished Sonata (from "A Bill Of Divorcement")02:15
- 12I Have so Much More (From "The Great Lie")03:05
- 13As Long as I Live (From "Saratoga Trunk")04:24
- 14The Rhapsody (From "City For Conquest")06:20
- 15So Big (From "So Big")03:42
- 16All My Life (From "They Died with Their Boots On")03:57
Info for Golden Age Songs And Instrumentals (Remastered)
For Korngold and Steiner fans and unashamed romantics this unusual collection is a rare treat. These songs and instrumentals come from some of the best-loved films of the 1930s and ’40s. The small forces here (no big lush orchestras) create a beguiling intimacy. If these songs had graced today’s films they would have been commercially exploited for all they were worth.
Not surprisingly, considering the Viennese backgrounds of both composers, the songs are very much the stuff of operetta, melodic and very heart-on-sleeve; and soprano Maria Montez sings them all beautifully and without the slightest hint of denigration.
Albert Dominguez, piano
Maria Martino, soprano
William Teaford, piano
Gayle Davis, cello
Thomas G. Grath, piano
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.