Les sons et les parfums... Janina Fialkowska
Label: ATMA Classique
Artist: Janina Fialkowska
Composer: Maurice Ravel (1875-1937), Francis Poulenc (1899-1963), Gabriel Urbain Fauré (1845-1924), Claude Achille Debussy (1862-1918), Alexis Emmanuel Chabrier (1841-1894)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
- Germaine Tailleferre (1892 - 1983):
- 1Impromptu in E Major02:36
- Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924):
- 2Nocturne No. 4 in E-Flat Major, Op. 3606:50
- Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963):
- 3Intermezzo No. 3 in A-Flat Major, FP 11804:22
- Emmanuel Chabrier (1841 - 1894):
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918):
- 5Images, Book 2, L. 111: No. 3, Poissons d'or04:23
- 6Préludes, Book 1, L. 117: No. 4, Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir03:35
- 7Images, Book 1, L. 110: No. 1, Reflets dans l’eau05:24
- 8Suite bergamasque, L. 75: No. 3, Clair de Lune05:39
- Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937):
- 9Jeux d'eau, M. 3005:53
- 10Sonatine in F-Sharp Minor, M. 40: I. Modéré04:28
- 11Sonatine in F-Sharp Minor, M. 40: II. Mouvement de menuet02:58
- 12Sonatine in F-Sharp Minor, M. 40: III. Animé04:00
Info for Les sons et les parfums...
Designed as a personal anthology of twentieth-century French music, Sounds and Fragrances is the new recording by pianist Janina Fialkowska. This affectionate journey in her musical memory evokes a vibrant portrait of Paris during the youth of Mrs. Fialkowska, while "Poulenc and Tailleferre were still very alive and the souls of Ravel, Debussy and Fauré were still ubiquitous".
"This recording awakens in me a feeling of pure nostalgia, not only for those long ago studies immersed in the ‘French School’, but also to the evocative power of this music. These composers, who are at once singular but different from each other, magically revive this now-defunct Paris, which I had the good fortune to know in my youth, "- writes Janina Fialkowska.
Les sons et les parfums is a newly-recorded personal anthology of 20th century French music, curated and performed by pianist Janina Fialkowska. This affectionate musical memoir evokes a vibrant portrait of Paris during Fialkowska’s youth, when “Poulenc and Tailleferre were still very much alive, and the souls of Ravel, Debussy, and Fauré were still omnipresent.”
Janina Fialkowska, piano
No biography found.