Haydn 2032, Vol. 7: Gli impresari Kammerorchester Basel & Giovanni Antonini
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Joseph Haydn (1732 - 1809): Symphony No. 67 in F Major, Hob.I:67:
- 1Symphony No. 67 in F Major, Hob.I:67: I. Presto05:46
- 2Symphony No. 67 in F Major, Hob.I:67: II. Adagio09:01
- 3Symphony No. 67 in F Major, Hob.I:67: III. Menuet - Trio02:11
- 4Symphony No. 67 in F Major, Hob.I:67: IV. Finale. Allegro di molto - Adagio e cantabile - Allegro di molto07:16
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791): Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A:
- 5Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A: I. Maestoso - Allegro04:52
- 6Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A: II. Andante04:58
- 7Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A: III. Allegro - Allegretto (Melodrama)02:44
- 8Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A: IV. Allegro vivace assai03:29
- 9Thamos, König in Egypten, K. 345/336A: VIIA. [Allegro]01:25
- Joseph Haydn: Symphony No. 65 in F Major, Hob.I:65:
- 10Symphony No. 65 in F Major, Hob.I:65: I. Vivace con spirito07:32
- 11Symphony No. 65 in F Major, Hob.I:65: II. Andante05:22
- 12Symphony No. 65 in F Major, Hob.I:65: III. Menuet02:41
- 13Symphony No. 65 in F Major, Hob.I:65: IV. Trio / Finale. Presto04:43
- Symphony No. 9 in C Major Hob. I:9:
- 14Symphony No. 9 in C Major Hob. I:9: I. Allegro molto04:07
- 15Symphony No. 9 in C Major Hob. I:9: II. Andante04:26
- 16Symphony No. 9 in C Major Hob. I:9: III. Menuetto. Allegretto - Trio02:30
Info for Haydn 2032, Vol. 7: Gli impresari
Under the title Gli impresari, The Impresarios – i.e. the directors of the theatre troupes that Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy engaged to perform in his opera houses – this CD gathers together some of the orchestral works by Joseph Haydn linked by their origin and their reception; they were originally conceived as theatre music, before their metamorphosis into symphonies (…)The period from 1772 onwards, when Karl Wahr was responsible for for the summer theatre programme at Esterháza, saw the peak of the multidisciplinary collaboration taking place between the court music directed by Haydn and companies engaged from outside. (…) At the end of 1775 and the beginning of 1776, while Joseph Haydn was occupied in transforming his music for Collé’s comedy into a symphony for concert performance, Karl Wahr was enjoying enormous success with his theatrical entertainments in the ballroom at the theatre in Salzburg. It was there, on 3 January 1776, that Thamos, King of Egypt was staged, a heroic drama whose choruses, musicologists now believe, were composed by none other than Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; for this Salzburg performance he also composed four instrumental entractes (recorded for this disc) as well as a melodrama and a Don Giovanni-esque descent into hell. Christian Moritz-Bauer (extr.)
Giovanni Antonini, direction
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.