Handel: Opera Arias Sandrine Piau
- George Frideric Händel (1685-1759): Scipione, HWV 20
- 1Scipione, HWV 20, Act II: Scoglio d'immota fronte05:00
- Orlando, HWV 31
- 2Orlando, HWV 31, Act II: Verdi piante, erbette liete06:20
- Giulio Cesare in Egitto, HWV 17
- 3Act II: Accompagnato: Che sento?01:07
- 4Act II: Aria: Se pita di me non senti07:43
- Partenope, HWV 27
- 5Partenope, HWV 27, Act I: L' Amor ed il Destin (Both Love and Fate shall meet)03:00
- Amadigi di Gaula, HWV 11
- 6Amadigi di Gaula, HWV 11, Act I: Ah! Spietato!05:25
- Alessandro, HWV 21
- 7Alessandro, HWV 21, Act III: Brilla nell' alma un non inteso ancor05:20
- Rodelinda, HWV 19
- 8Rodelinda, HWV 19, Act I: Ombre piante, urne funeste05:46
- Faramondo, HWV 39
- 9Faramondo, HWV 39, Act II: Aria: Combattuta da due venti05:55
- Tamerlano, HWV 18
- 10Tamerlano, HWV 18, Act III: Aria: Cor di padre08:17
- Deidamia, HWV 42
- 11Deidamia, HWV 42, Act III: Aria: M'ai resa infelice, che vanto n'avrai?03:52
- Arianna in Creta, HWV 32
- 12Arianna in Creta, HWV 32, Act II: Son qual stanco09:25
Info for Handel: Opera Arias
This 2004 recording is far more than just a recital by a prima donna: it is a perfectly balanced dialogue between Piau and Rousset, both indelibly marked by their work with William Christie, the former from her discovery of early vocal music, the latter from his time as assistant leader of Les Arts Florissants before forming his own ensemble in 1991. The rapport between soprano and conductor has blossomed over time, notably through their collaboration, since 1994, on the operatic works of Handel. Their complicity reveals the deep humanity of Handel’s heroines behind the masks. Recorded in 2004 & awarded Gramophone Editor’s Choice in the UK.
“the French soprano is at the heart of a everything that is stylish and commanding here. Her accomplished technique, and the clarity of her vocal production, is audible from the off...Thus she encompasses all the moods and qualities required of these arias from introspective mulling to full-scale theatrical dynamism. All the while Rousset and his forces accompany with felicitous colour and rhythmic energy.” (MusicWeb International)
Sandrine Piau, soprano
Les Talens Lyriques
Christophe Rousset, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.