Jesus Christ Superstar (50th Anniversary - Remastered 2021) Andrew Lloyd Webber
Label: UMC (Universal Music Catalogue)
Artist: Andrew Lloyd Webber
Composer: Andrew Lloyd Webber (1948)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Overture (Remastered 2021)03:59
- 2Heaven On Their Minds (Remastered 2021)04:23
- 3What's The Buzz / Strange Thing Mystifying (Remastered 2021)04:13
- 4Everything's Alright (Remastered 2021)05:15
- 5This Jesus Must Die (Remastered 2021)03:35
- 6Hosanna (Remastered 2021)02:07
- 7Simon Zealotes / Poor Jerusalem (Remastered 2021)04:49
- 8Pilate's Dream (Remastered 2021)01:28
- 9The Temple (Remastered 2021)04:43
- 10Everything's Alright (Reprise / Remastered 2021)00:34
- 11I Don't Know How To Love Him (Remastered 2021)03:41
- 12Damned For All Time / Blood Money (Remastered 2021)05:11
- 13The Last Supper (Remastered 2021)07:10
- 14Gethsemane (I Only Want To Say) (Remastered 2021)05:33
- 15The Arrest (Remastered 2021)03:24
- 16Peter's Denial (Remastered 2021)01:27
- 17Pilate And Christ (Remastered 2021)02:46
- 18King Herod's Song (Try It And See) (Remastered 2021)03:02
- 19Judas's Death (Remastered 2021)04:17
- 20Trial Before Pilate (Remastered 2021)05:13
- 21Superstar (Remastered 2021)04:16
- 22The Crucifixion (Remastered 2021)04:04
- 23John Nineteen Forty-One (Remastered 2021)02:07
Info for Jesus Christ Superstar (50th Anniversary - Remastered 2021)
This landmark release, made in collaboration with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, features a new remaster of the original 1970 double concept album at Abbey Road by Nick Davis (Phil Collins/Genesis) and Miles Showell.
Few albums had an impact the size of 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. Within three years of its release in September 1970, it had spawned a Broadway and West End phenomenon, a London cast album and a box-office smash Hollywood film, and influenced many different rock operas that were to follow in its wake. It made the name of its young composers, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
In 1970, Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber released Jesus Christ Superstar as a concept double album. It became a massive global best-seller, topping the US Billboard Top LPs chart in both February and May 1971, as well as ranking at number one in the year-end chart. By 1983, the album had sold over 7 million copies worldwide.
Andrew Lloyd Webber
is the composer of some of the world’s best-known musicals.
When Sunset Boulevard joined School Of Rock, Cats and The Phantom Of The Opera on Broadway in 2017, Andrew became the only person to equal the record set in 1953 by Rodgers and Hammerstein with four Broadway shows running concurrently. Other musicals he has composed include Aspects Of Love, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and Love Never Dies.
As well as being knighted by Her Majesty the Queen in 1992 for services to the theatre throughout the world and being appointed Honorary Life Peer in 1997, Andrew's awards as a composer and producer include 7 Tonys, 7 Oliviers, 14 Ivor Novellos and an Oscar.
This album contains no booklet.