Zürich Jazz Festival 1971 (Remastered - Live) Various Artists
- 1Fessor's Big City Band - Chief Monteur Joys 06:16
- 2Jazz Q Praha - Percenta Pro Hnizdovku 11:06
- 3Kaleidoscope - Brother Where Are You 04:07
- 4Albert Nicholas With The Harlem Ramblers - Basin Street Blues 07:07
- 5Brian Auger's Oblivion Express - Just Me, Just You 05:41
- 6Kurt Edelhagen Orchestra - Rockin' Chair03:50
- 7Bigband Of The German-Swiss Radio Light Orchestra with Maynard Ferguson - Geller's Cellar 06:25
- 8All Star Trumpet Workshop - Anthropology 12:34
- 9All Star Trombone Workshop - Ice Nine 09:50
- 10International Festival All Stars - The Age of Prominence 22:41
Info for Zürich Jazz Festival 1971 (Remastered - Live)
Summer comes and the festival season starts. Therefore we present one festival live recordings from the beginning of the 70's. The Zürich Jazz Festival 1971. MPS recorded the highlights of that 1970 festival with such success that they came back for the 1971 edition.
First set up as a festival for Swiss amateur jazz musicians, by 1970 the Zurich Jazz Festival had grown into a unique comingling of top international amateur and professional groups encompassing virtually every form of the music, from traditional jazz to the Avant-guard. MPS recorded the highlights of that 1970 festival with such success that they came back for the 1971 edition. The first three pieces are devoted to the winners of the amateur competition. The Danish trad Fessors Big City Band plays in an infectious Chicago-style on Chief Monteur Joys, while on Percenta Pro Hnizdovku, the Czech Jazz Q Praha is fiery and fusion-oriented, and the Swiss-based Kaleidoscope gets down and funky on the blues-laced Brother Where Are You. The following four professional bands highlight a diversity of styles. Famous for his work with King Oliver, Armstrong, and Morton, clarinet legend Albert Nicholas and his Harlem Ramblers personify the undying majesty of New Orleans music on the classic Basin Street Blues. ... More
Line-Up: All Star Trumpet Workshop, All Star Trombone Workshop, Bigband Of The German-Swiss Radio Light Orchestra with Maynard Ferguson, Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Fessor's Big City Band, International Festival All Stars, Jazz Q Praha, Kaleidoscope, Kurt Edelhagen Orchestra, Albert Nicholas with The Harlem Ramblers
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.