Dohnányi: Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 2 Sofja Gülbadamova, Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz & Ariane Matiakh
- Ernö Dohnányi (1877 - 1960): Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Op. 5:
- 1Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Op. 5: I. Adagio maestoso19:29
- 2Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Op. 5: II. Andante09:52
- 3Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Op. 5: III. Vivace18:36
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in B Minor, Op. 42:
- 4Piano Concerto No. 2 in B Minor, Op. 42: I. Allegro14:21
- 5Piano Concerto No. 2 in B Minor, Op. 42: II. Adagio, poco rubato09:15
- 6Piano Concerto No. 2 in B Minor, Op. 42: III. Allegro vivace08:22
Info zu Dohnányi: Piano Concertos Nos. 1 & 2
Ernst von Dohnanyi was one of the most versatile and influential musicians of his time but his stage works, orchestral compositions including symphonies, concerti as well as his numerous chamber music are now seldom played. A gap which Capriccio wants to fill now with this fourth recording of his late romantic, sensual music, deeply rooted in the Austro-German classical tradition. There is nothing in the musical language of these Piano Concertos (rhythm, melody, harmony as well as in the traditional orchestration) which Brahms would have found unfamiliar. With Sofia Gülbadamova, who turned out to be an expert in Dohnanyi’s piano music as she has already released his complete Solo Piano Works (Capriccio C5332), this recording was in good hands, carefully accompanied by Ariane Matiakh who also recorded Dohnanyi’s The Veil of Pierrette some months before (Capriccio C5388).
Sofja Gülbadamova, piano
Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz
Ariane Matiakh, conductor
Keine Alben gefunden.
Keine Biografie vorhanden.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet