Bizet: Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13 Julie Fuchs, Cyrille Dubois, Florian Sempey, Luc Bertin-Hugault, Orchestre National de Lille, Les Cris de Paris & Alexandre Bloch
Komponist: Georges Bizet (1838-1875)
Das Album enthält Albumcover Booklet (PDF)
- Georges Bizet (1838 - 1875): Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13: Prélude
- 1Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13: Prélude02:10
- Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I:
- 2Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Sur la grève en feu où dort le flot bleu03:48
- 3Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Amis, interrompez vos danses et vos jeux!04:02
- 4Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Demeure parmi nous, Nadir!02:08
- 5Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: C'est toi, toi qu'enfin je revois!02:26
- 6Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Au fond du temple saint07:27
- 7Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Que vois-je?03:50
- 8Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Sois la bienvenue02:15
- 9Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Seule au milieu de nous07:26
- 10Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: À cette voix quel trouble agitait tout mon être?01:19
- 11Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Je crois entendre encore03:45
- 12Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Le ciel est bleu!01:56
- 13Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act I: Ô dieu Brahma!05:39
- Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II:
- 14Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II: L'ombre descend des cieux!07:27
- 15Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II: Me voilà seule dans la nuit07:09
- 16Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II: De mon amie, fleur endormie02:13
- 17Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II: Leïla! Leïla!06:44
- 18Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act II: Ah! Revenez à la raison10:05
- Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III:
- 19Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: L'orage s'est calmé06:23
- 20Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Qu'ai-je vu?01:13
- 21Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Je frémis, je chancelle08:02
- 22Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Entends au loin ce bruit de fête!02:04
- 23Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Dès que le soleil, dans le ciel vermeil02:08
- 24Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Sombres divinités01:22
- 25Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Ô lumière sainte, ô divine étreinte03:00
- 26Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13, Act III: Le jour enfin perce la nue!03:19
Info zu Bizet: Les pêcheurs de perles, WD 13
Les Pêcheurs de perles is best known for its glorious duet, but Georges Bizet’s opera has much more to offer. This live recording more than ever brings out the brilliance of this oriental story about love, duty and friendship. In the last 150 years, Bizet’s piece has mainly been heard in editions that stray from the composer’s original composition. This album – on the contrary - offers the first recording in history of the 1863 premiere version, reconstructed and published by Bärenreiter in 2015.
Les Pêcheurs de perles contains a quintessentially French blend of lyricism, exoticism and drama, and the four soloists (Julie Fuchs as Leïla, Cyrille Dubois as Nadir, Florian Sempey as Zurga and Luc Bertin-Hugault as Nourabad) belong to today’s best performers for this specialist repertoire. Their vocal excellence is matched by the choral contributions of Les Cris de Paris. The rich sound palette of Les Pêcheurs is fully brought to life by the inspired playing of the Orchestre National de Lille under the baton of its new Music Director Alexandre Bloch.
Julie Fuchs, soprano (Leïla)
Cyrille Dubois, tenor (Nadir)
Florian Sempey, baritone (Zurga)
Luc Bertin-Hugault, bass (Nourabad)
Les Cris de Paris
Orchestre National de Lille
Alexandre Bloch, conductor
At the start of the 2016/17 season, French-born Alexandre Bloch assumed the position of Music Director of Orchestre National de Lille and since September 2015 has been Principal Guest Conductor of Düsseldorfer Symphoniker. Admired for his enthusiasm and energy, his First Prize at the 2012 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition brought him to international attention and he subsequently served as Assistant Conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra.
The 2017/18 season includes debuts with Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, Orchestra of the National Centre for Performing Arts Beijing, Musikalische Akademie in Mannheim and return visits to Vancouver Symphony, Musikkollegium Winterthur, Royal Northern Sinfonia, Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie, BBC National Orchestra of Wales and a tour to Kuwait with London Symphony Orchestra. Plans with Dusseldorf include a visit to Concertebouw Amsterdam and a New Year’s gala concert, and with Lille performances of Ravel’s Daphnis et Chloé ballet and concerts at the Salle Philharmonique de Liège and Philharmonie de Paris.
Recent seasons have included debuts with Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France, Orchestre National d’Ile-de-France, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Orchestre Métropolitain (Montréal), Brussels Philharmonic, Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen, the Nash Ensemble 40th birthday celebrations at the Wigmore Hall, Opera North, Royal Danish Opera, Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Ulster Orchestra, Oslo Philharmonic, Musikkollegium Winterthur, Danish National Chamber Orchestra, Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse, Filharmonia Poznanska and Orchestre National de Lyon. Return visits have included to Orchestre National de France, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie and Australian Youth Orchestra. Recent highlights with Düsseldorfer Symphoniker have included Donizetti’s l’Elisir d’Amore at the Deutsche Oper am Rhein, and with Orchestre National de Lille a concert version of Bizet’s Les Pêcheurs de Perles in Lille and at Théâtre des Champs-Elysées in Paris.
In the weeks following his Donatella Flick Competition success he made his debut with Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, replacing Mariss Jansons at short notice to conduct three performances of a challenging programme including Richard Strauss’ Tod und Verklärung and a Jörg Widmann commission for large orchestra. He was named one of "2012's Talents" by the ADAMI (French Performing Right Society) and was a conducting fellow at the 2012 and 2013 Tanglewood Music Center Festival. He also drew the attention of great figures of orchestral conducting such as Mariss Jansons, Charles Dutoit, Pierre Boulez, Bernard Haitink, Sir Mark Elder and Esa-Pekka Salonen.
Born in 1985, Alexandre first graduated with diplomas in cello performance, harmony and conducting from Tours, Orléans and Lille. He then entered the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, to further his studies in composition and conducting. In 2012, he completed his Master’s Degree in Conducting in the studio of Zsolt Nagy, prior to gaining a Diploma and the Sir John Zochonis Junior Fellowship (2012/13 season) at the Royal Northern College of Music.
Recording work includes a disc featuring music of his teacher Thierry Escaich with the orchestra of the Opéra National de Lyon. Alexandre’s inaugural concert with Orchestre National de Lille was transmitted live by Mezzo and Radio Classique (film and audio respectively). Last update: August 2017
Orchestre National de Lille
Since its creation by Jean-Claude Casadesus in 1976 and thanks to an ambitious programme, the Orchestre National de Lille has established itself as a leading French orchestra open to all audiences. Each year the orchestra performs in its concert hall, Le Nouveau Siècle in Lille, in its own region, across France and abroad. True to its mission the orchestra plays the major symphonic repertoire, with an annual opera production, as well as the music of our own time, particularly by appointing composers in residence. In parallel, it presents innovative programmes dedicated to new audiences. The orchestra invites experienced international conductors and soloists as well as the younger generation.
The orchestra places its young audiences at the heart of its projects by developing a wide range of participatory events. Thanks to its fully digital studio, the orchestra has developed an ambitious audiovisual policy. Over the years critics and public have hailed more than 30 recordings with numerous awards. Alexandre Bloch has been the orchestra’s new music director since September 2016. ONL is subsidised by Région Hauts-de-France, Ministère de la Culture, Métropole Européenne de Lille and Ville de Lille.