Portraits Quatuor Modigliani
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (1809 - 1847):
- 14 Pieces for String Quartet, Op. 81: III. Capriccio. Andante con moto05:55
- Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873 - 1943):
- 2String Quartet No. 1: III. Scherzo05:14
- Giacomo Puccini (1858 - 1924):
- 3Crisantemi, SC. 6506:56
- Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897 - 1957):
- 4String Quartet No. 2, Op. 26: II. Intermezzo03:44
- Fritz Kreisler (1875 - 1962):
- 5String Quartet in A Minor: II. Scherzo. Allegro vivo, con spirito06:33
- Samuel Barber (1910 - 1981):
- 6String Quartet, Op. 11: II. Adagio08:49
- Franz Schubert (1797 - 1828):
- 75 Minuets, D. 89: No. 304:23
- Alexander Borodin (1833 - 1887):
- 8String Quartet on the Theme 'B-la-F': III. Serenata alla spagnola. Allegretto02:17
- Dmitri Shostakovich (1906 - 1975):
- 9Two pieces for String Quartet, Op. 36a: II. Polka02:27
- Anton Webern (1883 - 1945):
- 10Langsamer Satz für Streichquartett09:38
- Roman Hoffstetter (1742 - 1815):
- 11String Quartet in F Major, Hob.III:17: II. Andante Cantabile04:00
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791):
- 12Divertimento in F Major, K. 138/125c: III. Presto02:02
- Leroy Anderson (1908 - 1975):
- 13Plink, Plank, Plunk!02:30
Info zu Portraits
Modigliani, one of the greatest portrait painters, is the inspiration for this journey made up of pieces with unique characters. Designed as a portrait gallery, this new opus brings together masterpieces and discoveries. The look or hear the ear, linger on the curves, the lines, the singular melodic drawing of each of these partitions. Filigree is another portrait, that of the quartet.
The Paris based Modigliani Quartet, formed by four close friends in 2003, is a regular guest of the world’s top venues and finest String Quartet series. In the current and upcoming seasons, the quartet will be touring in the USA, Japan, Korea, China and extensively most of the European countries. They will return among others to the Wigmore Hall for a series of concerts, the Carnegie Hall, the Paris’ Philharmonie, Vienna’s Konzerthaus, Salzburg’s Mozarteum, Philadelphia’s Kimmel Center, Warsaw Philharmonic Hall, Tokyo’s Oji Hall, as well having been the first String Quartet to perform in the big Hall of the newly opened Hamburg’s Elbphilharmonie at the beginning of 2017.
In 2014, the Modigliani Quartet became Artistic Directors of the Rencontres Musicales d’Evian, a festival created in 1976 by Antoine Riboud and made famous through its former legendary artistic director Mstislav Rostropovich, after a pause of thirteen years. The joint efforts of the Evian Resort and the Modigliani Quartet has brought a very fast success and the festival has now become again one of Europe’s major and most publicized Summer musical events.
The quartet has been recording for the Mirare label since 2008 and has released 7 CDs, all being internationally acclaimed by the critic and awarded prizes. The next release will be complete recording of the Schumann String Quartets in the Fall of 2017.
The Modigliani Quartet, ever since very dedicated to bigger chamber music, has built true friendships and regular touring with other musicians as Sabine Meyer, Renaud Capuçon, Beatrice Rana, Nicholas Angelich, Jean-Frédéric Neuburger, Marie-Elisabeth Hecker or Daniel Müller-Schott.
After fifteen years of building up their own sound and profile, the Modigliani Quartet is now happy to take over the responsability of passing their experience to the next generation. They created in 2016 the Atelier within the Festival in Evian and will be holding a series of Masterclasses at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris from November 2017 on.